"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Monday, August 31, 2009

Baths, brothers and Star Wars:


I was just up in our bathroom brushing my teeth when I saw the tub was still full of water and towels were all over the edge of the tub...had to run down and type this quick...

tonight we were moving the old office furniture out of the office, (it's on the market if anyone wants it, it's very nice )

while Scott was working on disassembling that, I was baking chocolate chip cookies to bribe our "worker" when he came to help scott move it all...I asked Tommy to start the tub for Jack. He did so....stayed with him while he took his bath for most of it, talking to him...then Drew asked if he could head up and wash Jack's hair. I said sure swap out with Tommy. SO between the 2 of them they completely got Jack bathed and hair washed. Pretty cute. Our bathroom shows that they were all in there without monitoring from me, but that's okay.

Then Taylor Owens came over...Taylor is the younger brother of Miss Emily :).

Emily and her brothers, right after they saw her on her wedding day. Taylor (rt) couldn't stop the tears. It was so sweet.


He is a riot and the boys think he's great. I wish I would have taken his picture with the boys. After he helped Scott move everything to the garage in many loads for the desk that comes apart in sections, he ate a bunch of cookies, and then sat with Jack and let Jack read his homework book to him. I wish I would have grabbed a picture of the moment. He was in our big red chair, Jack on his lap, Drew on the arm and Tommy right there. It was pretty cute. They all really like Taylor, he is 22 years old, tall, red hair and is just a fun loving guy. He comes from an awesome family.

Then after homework was done...he let Jack show him his Star Wars book he loves....and Taylor is a HUGE Star Wars fan so since Jack has yet to see the movies he has a bizillion questions and sweet Taylor answered them all, explained as much as he could to them until it was almost 9 and I said it was an hour past bedtime they had to let Taylor leave.

The boys all stood at the door yelling goodbye to Taylor...it was sweet. We sent him home with a plate of cookies and a BIG thank you for helping us out. I love it when guys like that are role models for kids...he could have rushed through the moving stuff and just left. But no he stayed and spent time with the boys. And then he was off...I know his night had just begun. :)


1 comment:

  1. If I had a place for that desk, it would be in my house. So nice!

    ReplyDelete