"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Friday, August 14, 2009

Quiet our hearts..maybe mine most of all

Can any of you suggest a great morning devotional book for me to do with the boys. (is that terrible english or what?) I want to do something in the mornings with them before school to start our days off with quiet hearts that are focused on God's word and not the chaos of this world. Of course I have had this great intention before and it has never lasted...I am willing to try, try again.

We do bible stories more at bedtime so am thinking of something different for mornings. Not entire bible stories.

Any thoughts, great books, great suggestions. It needs to be short and sweet but yet I want it to have meaning and not just be, quick let's read this verse, pray and go off for the day. (which I have done before too)

What have you done that has worked in your homes?

1 comment:

  1. Please post any answers you get in another post so I don't miss it!

    ReplyDelete