"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Bring on the tears, stock up the Kleenex

Oh no, it's starting. The tears and emotions. I am an emotional person, I cry about every day and have.....well since I can remember. And when I am pregnant it is even worse, hard to believe for some of you, but true.

I woke up this morning to a quiet house. I know, I know I probably should soak that up as there have been SO MANY mornings I have woken up to anything BUT quiet. But the reality is school starts tomorrow and it will be QUIET all the time. Scott obviously has taken the boys out for breakfast on their last day of summer, sweet of him, but quiet for me.

As hard as some of these summer days have been with chaos, chores, arguing, camps, places to be, things to do, doorbells ringing, sleepless nights for me...I am now sad. It all ends after today. All goes back to quiet from 8:30-3:15. (I am crying soap opera tears as I type this)

A couple of weeks ago there were days where school needed to be here, the boys needed space from each other and maybe even from me. But now the reality is here and I don't want summer to be ending. I want some days back to lay around and go to the pool, and go for walks, and snuggle on the couch. Never enough days. We Mom's are hard to please.

So today, as I sit in the pure silence of our house...I am thankful. Thankful I am able to be home with our boys, that I had summer with them. I know that is a privilege. I know tomorrow I will, as always, be the sobbing Mom at school...that never changes. No matter what grade they are in, I cry every time I say goodbye on the first day of school. I will wear my sunglasses and hope to hide my tears, but they ALL know better. :)

1 comment:

  1. I thought I might be the only mom dropping their 1st grader off crying...glad you do it every year. I'm thinking Danielle might cry when we take her to preschool and if she cries, I'll have trouble keeping it in until after she can't seem me. I barely made it out of the building when Seth started preschool. And kindergarten with Seth was no different. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete