"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Friday, August 28, 2009

Mission Organization (aka nesting for baby)

Most of you know that WE (well mainly me) are on a mission organization stint here at the Shisler house. I worked all week on the kitchen and family room area. Trying to get it all pulled together and a place for everything, and everything back in its place, school work from last year to its proper location so we are cleared up for this year, things filed into their proper locations, socks sorted, fridges cleaned...lots of little things.

With Scott's office building closing he is moving his office HOME. Which will be great, he still will have a small office in Ankeny at the other Monsanto building and access there to conference rooms etc. But he will mainly office out of here. SO....My plan for next week was to begin to attack the office in our basement, which I have mainly taken over with scrap book stuff and picture stuff. And to be real honest I haven't scrap booked in at least 4 maybe even 5 years now. I think it is the latter of the 2. :( Before you feel badly for our kids not having scrapbooks I have been printing pics and putting them into slip in albums for the past 4 years and for the past 3.5 have been making each of them a digital scrapbook of their year for their big christmas gift. 100 pages of their year...each one gets their own, thank you Shutterfly! This year I haven't printed out any pictures, I am trying to go 100% digital. Hence why grandparents aren't getting pics in the mail. So my children DO have scrapbooks and DO have lots of pictures taken of them. Just not in the Creative Memories, hand journaled with cute backgrounds and die cuts any more. I couldn't keep up with that and lost sleep over it. My point in sharing all of that is that I really don't need to have my own "office" downstairs.

But...brings me back to the mess I have created by putting stuff into that office for 4+ years and not doing anything with it. Scott told me today he is moving THIS week, I thought I had until Sept 14th but they have moved the date up when they need them out of the building. So....I am heading down there as soon as I finish this blog post. I did get a little started this afternoon after school, but there is a LOT to be done and another HUGE mess before it's done. I don't particularly love messes. So you can pray for me.

Scott took the older 2 boys to the first HS football game of the year, hope it isn't pushing Drew too much with his mono to be up this late. We will find out I guess. Jack and I had a little date and now he is in bed sleeping.

I am off to organize...if only I had a team of people, like the tv shows, to come unload the room for me and help me sort it all and put it in its new home.

2 comments:

  1. Did Jack get a Frosty tonight on your date? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to get back to this. I did about 3 cupboards in the laundry room and then stopped...a month ago. Oi. Must get back. The storage room is a DISASTER and I need to clean out the hall closet (again) because I shoved a huge pile of stuff for good will in the bottom of it and shut the door. :)

    ReplyDelete