"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Sunday, August 16, 2009

More baseball?



My Aunt Sandy is on the ball and already emailed me these pictures from today. Note Drew is cheering for both teams, Indians tee shirt and Twins jersey.
Look at my healthy Dad...we are so thankful


Well, once again I am giving my Love the "What a Guy Award". He has taken each of the boys to the fair the last 3 days, and then today drove to Minnesota to go to the Indians vs Twins game at the Metrodome today, leaving at 8:30 am and still not home. My Dad had the suite reserved so they thought they would go and watch more baseball, not to mention their 2 favorite teams. Jack and I opted for a quiet day at home, church, lunch out, lots of laundry, mac n cheese and hot dogs for dinner...and a trip to Hyvee together.

I know it wasn't terribly painful for Scott to go to the game, he is a HUGE Indians fan of course so he was excited. I just know that he is tired out...lots of fair in the heat then 8 hours in the car today. He is a great Dad. And not just for these reasons of course...but I do think it's a blessing he is so connected to our boys, shares a sincere interest in their lives and their loves.

Part of me wanted to tag along for the sole reason of seeing my Dad....after the scare he gave us on Friday I wanted to go to give him a hug and kiss. Just wanted to be with him. BUT it's long ways for that and I think it's better we stayed put here. I was SO emotional yesterday morning over it all...the reality of what could have been hit me. He called me in the morning and I just sobbed and sobbed. Held it together well on Friday...but not so much yesterday. I cannot tell you how many times I have thanked God for His protection of Dad.

Tomorrow is kind of our last day of fun summer stuff...we are heading to the pool for one last Hurrah before school starts on Wednesday.


2 comments:

  1. Susan - I'm so thankful your dad is okay, too. Even though I know life is fragile and something could happen any day, it's those scares that make me even more grateful and appreciative. Enjoy your last two days home with your boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your last days of summer! :)

    ReplyDelete