"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Friday, April 15, 2011

Happy Birthday to my Mother in law...

Today is my Mother in law's birthday, Letha is 81.  This is the first time I have had the chance to sit down and write all day.

Happy birthday to the woman who raised the love of my life.  Who made sure he learned how to work hard, learned how to respect women, learned how to be loyal, faithful, to go to church, to be appreciative of clean laundry and to be thankful for a good meal.  The woman who taught him right from wrong.  I appreciate her for those things especially.  I appreciate her passion for the Buckeyes, YES she is AS big of a fan as my husband is if you can believe that.  She is a follower of basketball and football, she knows way more about the game than any other woman I know.  She loves to talk sports, she doesn't like phone calls in the middle of the game and she doesn't like to miss a game.  She also is the same lady who turns off a game if she is "fed up" with how they are playing.  She is never afraid to share her opinion on sports.

Happy Birthday to the best pie maker in the WORLD, not exaggerating.  She bakes a wonderful pie, delicious cut out cookies, snicker doodles that melt in your mouth, a pot roast that's perfect, mashed potatoes, applesauce, ham loaf, Tommy's favorite bacon salad, and so much more.  So many of the recipes I make today for our boys are ones I have gotten from her, her cooking legacy continues on in our family.

Happy birthday to a woman who sacrificed so much, as a Mom, for my beloved.  Thanks for your part in raising him well.  I appreciate you more than you know.

1 comment: