"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Girls Saturday Out


A couple of weeks ago these 2 girls and I had a girls day out.  We had been holding the day on our calendars for months, seriously...it was that hard to find a Saturday we could coordinate to get kids watched and activities cleared.  We were ALL looking forward to it.  I mean REALLY looking forward to it, while we had NO real plans, the fact that we would be together, without distraction for a big part of the day was worth looking forward to.  

You see these girls and I email each other many many MANY times during the day.  About the little stuff, the big stuff and the no one else in the world would care but each other stuff.  We are all stay at home Moms who are not usually home it seems.  But don't you need someone who cares how many dirty diapers you have changed, the exact times your baby was up in the night, or cares about ear infections, or listens when your feeling like a bad Mom...don't we all need friends like that?  These girls have been that for me.  Just really true, honest, don't care what you or your house looks like friends.  

While I have known them for several years...it wasn't until the 3 of us were pregnant with our 4th babies all at the same time that we all really connected.  Makila had Gracelyn in December, Max was born in January and then Sarah had Andrew in February.   They have blessed me.  While the 2 of them have been the best of friends for many years, they welcomed me into their lives.  It has given me camaraderie in this raising another baby stuff.  Most all of my other friends are out of the "baby stage" and while they love me and love our boys I don't think they want an email telling them what time Max last ate and what he ate.  We have shared some tough conversations, some emotional days, we sat together in the ER last fall when Makila's Dad suddenly passed away, we have prayed for each other,  we have shared the ups and downs of our busy marriages and lives.   These girls "get it", they get what life is about, they love God, their husbands and their kids and they too are trying to be the very best they can be.  They remind me of the grace God gives us when we mess up and of the blessing of health, husbands and children.

I feel so very blessed to call them my very good friends...
love you girls!

Sarah, me and Makila

3 comments:

  1. And now I am a big, weepy mess over here! I am so, so, so thankful for you and Makila. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I really would have liked a prep saying this is what I would be reading. I'm all teary too.

    I love you too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All THREE of you are the real deal! Glad you got a day out. It's so needed in our wonderful, crazy, exhausting lives!

    ReplyDelete