"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Happy Birthday Mom!

Today is my Mom's birthday...she is 72!  Happy Birthday to one of my most favorite people in this world.  I love my Mom, and talk to her almost every day it seems about something.  Sometimes it's big stuff, most of the time it's little every day stuff.  She loves to hear the little details, what the boys are doing, what's for dinner, what's our schedule, what's new with me, where Scott is...she loves to know it all.  She is one of the most kind, giving and caring people I know.  Often she can be found making a meal for a friend, dropping off a surprise something at a friends house, watching our niece Alice, or nephew Charlie, baking cookies for someone, delivering cookies to someone...she loves to do stuff just like that.

 I appreciate my Mom a little more every year.  I realize her sacrifices she gave when she raised us, the time she put into our laundry, keeping our house clean, running our house, keeping everything organized, making sure we had what we needed for school, taking us for new shoes and clothes when we needed them. running us to all of our activities...all the very same things I now do every single day, the things I don't think i realized and certainly didn't appreciate growing up like I feel I should have. I have had several friends lose their Mom's this past year...and it has been such a reminder to me the gift of having my Mom here.  I love to hear her voice, love to watch her play and interact with our boys, just pray that I can be as good of a Mom as she has always been to me.  She has an unconditional love for her children and her grandchildren, that is hard to explain, but never ever goes unnoticed.

Happy birthday Mom, we hope it's a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment