"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Friday, November 8, 2013

Thankfulness: Day 8


I am thankful today for Jack.  Jack is SUCH a help to me.  Sometimes I worry that we treat him older than he is, we rely on him so much.  Jack is by far Max's "GO TO" guy, there could not be a bigger love for Max than "his Jackie".  I love that the other morning the first words out of Max's mouth were to Jack "I like you Jackie.  And you like me. And we both have the same hair but yours is darker than mine and our skin is a little bit different color too.  I am so glad you're my brother.  God made us special. I love you Jackie."  

Jack is one sweet kid.  I have been purposefully trying to pay more attention to allowing HIM to be a kid this fall.  He is blowing me away with his maturity.  He is loving so many new things and I love watching him blossom.  He is doing band, TAG at school, camo anything,  he did tackle football, he is doing competitive basketball now…he is into hunting and guns too.  (hmmm not sure where this is coming from)  Just really growing into his own person.  

I love sitting up and chatting with him.  I truly enjoy him.  He is home with me right now, he has had headaches the past week and we are going in soon for an eye check up.  I got a call from school around 10:30 today that he was in the nurses office again with another bad one.  Monday we will go to see the Dr. again, went to the chiropractor today.  Want to get to the bottom of these.  But I love having him home.


2 comments:

  1. I am looking at your blog finally and getting caught up on your thankfulness posts - they are just wonderful. So so uplighting and a joy to read!

    ReplyDelete