"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Friday, November 15, 2013

Thankfulness: Day 15

I love clean.  I mean I really LOVE order, clean, organization….I love it to a fault I think sometimes.  I crave it, I find rest in it.  Weird I know, but very true.  I sleep better when things are clean.  No joke.

For those of you that have read the "5 Love Languages" books, I have determined there is a 6th Love Language.  I am calling it the "Act of Organization and Cleaning".  I honestly feel so LOVED when my Love, or our boys, clean something, or organize something.  It obviously doesn't mean the same when I have to harp on them, or get frustrated to the point they do it just to keep me happy.  But when they clean something ON their own, AND do it well,  it makes my heart smile.

When my Dad comes to take care of the boys, with my Mom, typically he "surprises" me with cleaning my car (I mean REALLY cleaning it, think Mister Car Wash) and filling it with gas.  I LOVE that, it makes me feel so loved.

Scott cleaned the garage this week, AND changed light bulbs without my even pointing them out…and the house is clean at this moment AND I got my car washed yesterday too.  So today I am thankful for a clean house, a clean garage and a clean car.  

No comments:

Post a Comment