"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thankfulness: Day 28

Today I am thankful for family and friends.  Sounds cliche I know, but it's true.  I am grateful that we have been blessed with such a wonderful family.  I am grateful for their health.  I am grateful for the relationships we have with them.  We are not a perfect family, but we are family. I am grateful for what that means.

I am thankful for the many friends we have all over the country.  One of the benefits of moving so much in early marriage are the friendships we have made and maintained along the way.  As I look at our Christmas card list, I feel blessed, it is long, and full of many states and zip codes.  There are so many people on there with whom we love deeply, we may not see them for years, but if we picked up the phone…it would be like time had stood still.  We don't take that for granted.

My heart is full this morning as I listen to our boys playing (happily at the moment), the parade on TV, the laundry humming…some of the Christmas decorations are up…the wind is blowing.  Feeling grateful.

Happy Thanksgiving….

With much love

1 comment: