"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Thankfulness: Day 13

Today I am thankful for good health.  I am thankful for good Dr. appointments, healthy children, healthy parents and siblings.  I am thankful for the medical options we have in our country.  I am grateful for a God who can heal and always heals one way or another.  

I am thinking of a friend who is headed in the car right now to see her Dad, her very sick Dad.  She is bringing her sons to say goodbye to him.  I am grateful they are getting this opportunity.  I am thankful for the promise of eternity for those who believe.  

I am thinking of another friend who has a baby girl who was just fitted with hearing aids at 6 weeks old, who is watching her daughter experience sound for the first time.  How often I take hearing for granted, and even complain about the noise in our house. 

I am thinking of another friend who is sitting in the hospital right now while her Mom is in surgery to see what part of the cancer brain tumor they can remove.  Can they remove any?  What will her prognosis be?  This same friend who only 4 years ago sat while her own daughter had a brain tumor removed and is now healthy and fine.  So much for one person to handle.  

I am thinking of another dear friend who is headed to Mayo later this week, in the hopes that there will be answers to ongoing health stuff she has going on.  I am thankful for places like Mayo Clinic and for the Dr's who study and work so hard to research and to help people.  

I am grateful to be healthy right now, for only God knows what tomorrow will bring.

2 comments:

  1. Tears in my eyes. I was JUST saying to Rob how I see God's hand in my dad's care. Needed to hear this TODAY. Our family has been on the receiving end of God's great mercy in health issues so many times. Though I hate the tests we have been through, I wouldn't change how they have changed me.

    ReplyDelete