"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Sweet Tommy

First day of Kindergarten, Fall 2003

I found this picture when I was organizing my scrapbook room, which I haven't scrapbooked in for over 3 years.  But someday maybe?  Until then I am digitally scrapping and blogging.  

Sorry I digressed, this picture was taken on the first day of Kindergarten for Tommy Fall of 2003.  When I look at this picture it makes me cry, how has he grown up so much in the past 6 years?  Where does the time go?  To me, he still looks the same, less chubby cheeks but I still see the same little boy in there.

And the days where I am frustrated with him, short tempered with him if I ONLY could stop and remember this picture.  This sweet boy, who is inside of him today and always will be, who is innocent in so much, who loves so much sometimes its a fault...who is a perfectionist, a competeitor in everything he does...he is a little boy.  A sweet little boy.

Lord, please help me to remember this picture.  Remember this face when I look at him now, growing up.  This gift of a child you have given to us...help me to parent with patience, fairness and love to him.  He is on loan from you, I need to remember that.  Thank you for our sweet Tommy.

And Lord, remind me on the days I need to be reminded that "It won't be like this for long".

Amen


First day of 5th grade Fall 2008

1 comment:

  1. Two thoughts...

    1) I'm not ready for Hannah to have a first day of kindergarten picture because I know the time between that picture and the 5th grade picture will go too fast.

    2) I'm glad I'm not the only one with yearS between now and the last time I scrapbooked.

    ReplyDelete