"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Thursday, April 30, 2009

SuperMom

Reminder to myself,

I cannot be SuperMom.  Can only do what I can do. 

 Most important of all things on my earthly list at this time in my life are my husband and our boys.  Laundry, clean houses, perfectly thrown parties, school volunteering, Sunday School leading, Bible Study reading, kickboxing, tennis playing, meals for other, time with girlfriends...all wonderful things that bless my life in many ways.  

But at the core of who I need to be is a loving wife and Mom.  And I can only do that when my heart is settled into what God wants me to be doing and my faith in Him, I need to spend that daily time with him.  I need to remember to leave margin space and white space in my days so that God can use those times for His plans for my day.  Can't take laundry to heaven with me :) yippee;  but I can take little boys and a loving husband who are grounded in their own faiths and who have a relationship with God and his son Jesus.


P.S.  Thanks Mom for being a great example of this and gently reminding me of it all today.  love you

No comments:

Post a Comment