"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Easter Picture...Wow!

The bunny is coming to our house tomorrow morning...since we will be out of town it seemed easier to do the hunt and have the bunny early.  The thing I really like about that is then on Easter we get to focus on what EASTER is about...Jesus...not the bunny.   But we love the fun the bunny brings.

Jack told me he was going to write the bunny a letter...like we do to Santa.  And this picture is what he made...he told me the following  "Mommy, I want to be sure that the bunny really knows what Easter is all about, Jesus....not chocolate and eggs!"

(click on the picture for a closer view...and note "KING" written at the top of the cross...)

Left me speechless and with tears in my eyes.  

Tomorrow is Good Friday...this picture drawn by our 6 year old says it all.  Darkness, blood, sadness...and Jack's sweet words.  "Estr bune...JESUS"...and on Sunday I am going to ask him to draw another picture for me, of Easter morning!  Can't wait to see it!  Jesus will be out of the tomb, the stone rolled away...He has RISEN, He has risen indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment