"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Raising Boys

Some days are easier than others, some days everything seems just as we would have it to be...and then there are afternoons like these. Don't ever allow yourself to believe every day is a perfect picture of a day in our house.

Raising boys isn't easy. We do count it a blessing and a privilege, but not easy. To raise a young boy into a young man who is respectful, hardworking, God fearing, kind hearted, sensitive, sweet, honest and joyful...not an easy task.

We are committed to doing our very best, and to praying every day for our boys and for ourselves to become wiser, more patient, loving and just plain better parents. But easy? Nope..never. Thank goodness we are not alone, God walks alongside us through it ALL.

1 comment:

  1. I hear you...it's moment by moment some days. I find it especially difficult to be patient when I'm trying to get something done - like this morning when I was unpacking winter supplies and Lucy peed all over the floor. I would never be mad about that normally (duh, I'm the one who didn't put a diaper on her), but I was so mad! Sigh...

    ReplyDelete