"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Monday, September 14, 2009

Doesn't surprise me one bit


Just got an email from Mom...cute story I must share, really shows the kind of guy my Dad is...and if you haven't figured it out by now, I adore my Dad.

Tonight Mom and Dad are going to the Twins game in the suite...one of the last in the metrodome, Dad is the chairman of the Sports Commission there. Well my Dad invited the ambulance EMT guys (from northern MN) who helped save his life when he was stung by the hornets a month or so back at the cabin. He invited them to join him in the suite.

Cute part...he told the head ambulance guy, when he called, that he was welcome to bring his wife, or significant other...the guy said I dont' have either but could I bring my brother?

Kind, thoughtful, compassionate man my Dad is. This gesture doesn't surprise me ONE bit.

2 comments:

  1. This is such a delightful story - so very thoughtful of your dad and probably made those guys year to get invited to box seats at a Twins game. What a great idea and kind heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. More tears. Sweet story. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete