"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

What Happened?

I am trying to catch up on mounds of laundry today..how is it that our 16 year olds clothes are SO big?  How can he be wearing a large, a men's LARGE.  35 inch long legs...Not an easy find with the 30 inch (or smaller) waist.  I remember it being yesterday that I texted a few friends that I was SHOCKED I had to buy him clothes in the adult section.  And NOW a large?  And in what feels like a 2 week span of time in many ways. And he is growing out of his shoes...STILL.  We are looking at 13's now.  Seriously?

And our little Max, our baby as I call him.  Is out of the toddler clothes and wearing boys XS.  Sigh.  No more 4T and 5T.  XS and S clothes.  Sigh...no more toddler clothes.  No more "little boy".

And then there is Jack, I couldn't find my shoes the other morning and needed to run out for a little and so I slid on someones slides that were by the door.  They were too big, and they were my 11 year olds shoes.  Oh my Jack and his size 10 mens feet.  Sigh...

And not to leave Drew out....how is it that he is needing new shoes, again, didn't we just get him a pair 3 months ago?  How can those 11-11.5 feet be growing so fast?

My heart is full for these boys as I wash and fold their clothes.  As I look at them as they take up more and more space in our house...literal SPACE.

Sigh....

2 comments: