"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Prom

Tommy had Prom on Friday night...sigh growing up so fast.  And every time I say that he rolls his eyes at me....think he is tired of me sighing so much.

He took his friend Ebby Prewitt to prom, someone he has known for years and years.  Church friends and school friends.  It was her first official dance with a date, and only Tommy's second.  Tommy called her Dad 2 nights before prom to run over the plans...he was nervous but made it through the conversation.   As her Dad later told Scott, he really appreciated the call and he was glad Tommy was a little nervous, not too much, but just the right balance.  It's a BIG deal to take someone's daughter on a date.   We picked up the tux the next day...the plans were made, flowers picked up and it was time...

It was so sweet...we arrived at her house on Friday around 4:15 and Tommy's first words to Ebby were, "Hey Ebby, you really look beautiful"....sigh.  She did look beautiful.  We work and work on being a gentleman and it was SO much fun to see him in action.  Opening doors, allowing her to walk in front of him, carrying her bag to the car for "After Prom"...be still my heart,

 Can I point out how pretty corsages can be these days, you can get pretty bracelets instead of simply elastic..look at the rhinestones.  It's the details that matter.

 Ebby looked like beautiful and Tommy so handsome.



 Peprah is an exchange student that lives with the Prewitts, 
he is a senior so we had to get some with him in as well.


Yes pretending it's Prom 2020
Jack and Moriah






 Their entire Prom group downtown taking photos...




Scott and I were asked to stop at the Rollins Mansion to check out prom and the decorations...since Tommy heads it up next year.  It was fun to get dressed up for a bit ourselves and to see all of the beautiful dresses and handsome boys...oh and sneak a few pics myself.  

 They had this fun car outside to pose by.

And now for some pictures from my phone from the night...

 Possibly one of my favorites.  We wanted to share Prom with Mom and Dad so we Face Timed from Ebby's house.  LOVE love LOVE Ebby's expression as she is pointing to their oldest grandson.   So cute...loved this memory

 And yes, even after a long week I somehow pulled together getting dolled up.  Think my eyes look pretty tired, and perhaps the desserts from so many well wishers of my Mom's are on my hips here but guess what?  Such is life right now.  And I loved an evening with my Love.  And the opportunity to get to go to Prom again...


 If you take a picture at the right angle, as a selfie, with the right filter, you almost look like you are NOT tired, you have not just gained 5 pound in 6 days....

 And my favorite part of this dress...sight...the bottom.  Cannot wait to wear it again.


 We also were invited to stop at "After Prom" at school.  We stopped there around 11:30.  It was fun to see it so decorated.  Such a fun evening for the kids.






And these...were on the Des Moines Register Newspaper website today.  So much fun... Note he is on the dance floor...I have never personally seen him dance, but he must have.

He had a terrific evening.  Got to sleep around 4 am I believe and then up at 7:00 for a golf match in Panorama which is about an hour away...he wasn't home until 5:30 pm Saturday and fell asleep on the couch until we woke him at 8:00 am for church.  

2 comments:

  1. I have been waiting for more pictures! So great! You did not look tired! Very beautiful! And I love that dress too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with Makila. I don't think you looked tired. Your dress is beautiful...you looked stunning. Love all of the pictures!

    ReplyDelete