"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

19

Today we celebrate 19 years of marriage. I'm in the midst of doing a "media fast" for my bible study. (For a week I am taking 7 media items out of my life...I'm cheating by doing a blog post but this is worth the cheat). 

I couldn't be more grateful to share this life with my Love. I'm so blessed. He's my best friend, my true companion. Things are not always easy...not always great...but no matter what we share life together. We laugh together. Cry together and most importantly we pray together.  

Last night I was finishing up a funny book on marriage "Antelope in the Living Room"...sounds like it would be about marriage huh?!  But in the end the author talks about how marriage is all about forgiveness and grace.  I loved those words.  Forgiveness isn't always easy but often times I think grace is even harder.  But both are equally important to our marriage. 

Somedays I look at Scott and think how very much I "thought" I loved him on our wedding day 19 years ago....and how I love him that much more today than I did then. Love is amazing that way. 

Love doing life with him.... And as I often tell our boys..it matters who you marry. 

Happy 19 my Love...




















3 comments:

  1. Great post! Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it matters do much who you marry and you did GOOD! Happy anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved seeing the photos of your wedding at Colonial! Neat to think Jeff married us both. It is such a blessing to have such amazing men by our sides. Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete