"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Friday, April 11, 2014

Psalm 91: Unshakeable Faith

Unshakeable Faith.  That's my desire. Those 2 words. Trust. Believe.  No matter what. I want to trust in God's plan and His will in all I do and in everything I encounter. None of it is a surprise to Him. Nothing. His ways are better than my ways. Ultimately. He is sovereign. He is the same today, yesterday and tomorrow.  Earlier today this verse came to mind, I just literally heard Psalm 91.  I honestly didn't know what the verse was...so I looked it up. 

Perfect.  God knows. 

Psalm 91 
[1] Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. [2] I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.” [3] Surely he will save you from the fowler’s snare and from the deadly pestilence. [4] He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. [5] You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day, 
[6] nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday. [7] A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you. [8] You will only observe with your eyes and see the punishment of the wicked. [9] If you say, “The Lord is my refuge,” and you make the Most High your dwelling, [10] no harm will overtake you, no disaster will come near your tent. 
[11] For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; [12] they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone. [13] You will tread on the lion and the cobra; you will trample the great lion and the serpent. [14] “Because he loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. [15] He will call on me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. 
[16] With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation. ” 

1 comment: