"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Friday, April 11, 2014

Nobody like a Mom

Today is my Mom's 75th birthday!  

There is nothing like a mom, my Mom. 

She is the ultimate Mom. Supermom.  She has never failed me. She has protected me. Stood up for me. Fought for me. Cried for me. Prayed for me. Laughed with me. She is more than my mom. She's like glue.  One of my very best friends. 

The roles need to be reversed now for a Chapter.  They have found cancer in her uterus/ovary and possible lymph node involved.  So it's time that we care for her. Surgery is Wednesday this week. I will be there to protect her. Stand up for her. Fight for her and yes I will surely cry for her.  She will be prayed for many many hours. 

So today as we are driving up to celebrate her and her birthday my heart is so grateful for her...  My faith is strong. God has got this...we won't let cancer win. God wins!  It's His plan. It's her story written by Him. 






4 comments:

  1. Oh rats! Tears in my eyes and prayers in my heart for you and your mom. So glad you are headed up to see your family. May today be a wonderful celebration of your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So thankful you're there today celebrating her birthday. Many, many prayers for her and your family. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan, We will be thinking of her on Wed. Much love to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you had a wonderful day celebrating! Love you.

    ReplyDelete