"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Home

I got home yesterday, in time to pick up Jack and Drew from school and Max from my friend Ruth's house. I was so happy to see all of them.

Drew commented how it's so different when I'm gone. How they were fine but that there are a lot of little things I do that he misses when I'm gone. He mentioned the blog post our friend Steve wrote in Costa Rica called "The power of a mother" and how he really realized how much of a difference it is to not have a Mom around. Blessed my heart that he noticed and shared that with me. 

Max said this...
Which I loved for several reasons. I love that he sees Scott's love for me when I'm gone. 

Jack was happy I brought home chocolate desserts from mn. And Tommy told me he missed me and was happy I was home. All made me smile. Hugging Tommy makes me wonder if he grew an inch while I was away. He is getting tall.  

Scott left for St Louis at 6 am so I haven't seen him yet. Tomorrow night. ❤️ 

I'm grateful that they are independent enough to make themselves breakfast, lunches, drop Max off at friends on the way to school...do laundry if needed. They certainly love having me home but they can do it without me. 

They all had a million questions about Grandma. Lots of concerns for them there. Answered all of those and reminded them we have to trust God a lot right now. 


Grateful for the friends that helped and the food that was made for our family. We are so blessed. 

It's good to be home.  It was good to be with my Mom. It's a balance I need to master....being a Mom and a daughter. Both are very important to me. 

I was thrown right back into mom reality...


Max and mommy after I got home. 

Jacks first baseball game of the season. 

Playing catcher. 

Face timing Grandma this morning.

Long morning nap today. It's like he's been at camp for a week being juggles between friends. He was tired.


Pretty much our morning. Watching a movie snuggling. 


Blessed this afternoon to have our friend Ashley come over and play with Max...gave me some time to fold laundry and run to the store. 

And as I put my coat on to run to the store I found an Easter Egg in my pocket. hello kitty of course. Filled with candy. That Easter bunny loves me and I love him. 

2 comments: