"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The little things of Love

Just a note to say how much I love my husband...my "Love" as I call him. Here are a few things from the past few days that I have noticed...

1-he calls the boys before school to make sure they know he loves them and he prays they have great days AND he leaves us all notes
2-he calls after school to check in on their days and their football and wants to hear all about it
3-he loves that his Mom made his favorite peach pie while she was here
4-he happily gets up at all hours of the night to get Max out of his crib to bring him to me
5-he wants to help so I don't get overtired when we have guests
6-he took his Dad along with him for work yesterday and made sure his Dad wouldn't get bored, lined up a customer to spend time with his Dad, so his Dad wouldn't have to SIT all day at a plot day
7-he made sure the pop for his customers was chilled ice cold (at the plot day of his customers), because he KNOWS he doesn't like luke warm pop so why would he not do his best to get pop cold for others
8-he thanked me for doing the laundry
9-he thanked me for making dinner
10-he took Jack along to the Farm Progress show today, with his Dad as well, but took Jack just because he KNOWS how much Jack loves stuff like that. It would have been easier just to bring his Dad and not both. But that's not who he is.
11-he holds my hand and prays with me...and that's how I fall asleep with his arm around me and his hand in mine. SIGH*

I am so grateful...the little things DO matter. And I DO notice them Love, thanks!

4 comments:

  1. You've got yourself a keeper there, Susan! I rejoice with you because they are a rare gem to be treasured. As are you for appreciating and noticing all the good he does. Snuggle up all your boys tonight on this rainy, cozy night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) tears.

    So glad you have him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so proud that he is my cousin! He is dedicated, devoted and totally in love with you and the boys. What a great husband! What a great dad!

    ReplyDelete