"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Summer ends

This is the last night of summer at our house, the backpacks are on the hooks ready to go to school in the morning. Tomorrow is the first day of school. I hope I can get my iPhoto to cooperate for a few pictures in the morning to share on the first day of school 2010.

We went to school today loaded up with all of the boys supplies, we met Drew and Jack's teachers in the elementary building. Drew will be in 5th grade with Mrs. Keithley, who we LOVE Tommy had her as well. Jack has Mrs. Zonnefeld or Mrs Zonn for short, she seems wonderful and lovely as well. Jack was most excited. Then we took the long walk down the hallway to the secondary building for the 7th grader Tommy, to find his locker, find his classrooms, meet his teachers and most importantly, learn how to work the combination on his locker. Can I tell you how VERY grateful I am that we are at a small school, that the transition to Jr High is literally a hallway away. That the secondary building is just the other half of the big building that is our school Seems so much less traumatic to me. Of course I say that now, I am sure there will be tears in the morning for both Tommy and me, there ALWAYS are....

Praying for the school year to be a great experience for all 3 of them this year, for great friendships to be built and sustained.

Tomorrow will be a new normal for Max and for me, it will be odd to have the house so quiet once again. I will miss them, Max will probably miss them even more. If you see me in the morning, I will be the one crying behind my sunglasses. Always have and I am sure I always will....love our boys. They are growing up fast 7th, 5th and 2nd grade...WOW!


No comments:

Post a Comment