"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

First day of school....sigh



Our boys...


Tommy-7th grade


Drew (in his brand new glasses)-5th grade


Jack-2nd grade

The morning came, it is the first day of school yet again. We had one nervous jr high boy, he was already crying when I got up this morning. He is always worried on the first day of school, but this year it is a big change with 8 classes, passing time and a locker oh and football practice right after school. I am sure once he saw his buddies, and realized he is not the ONLY one who is new at the Jr High thing he will be fine.

Jack was perky and super excited for school. Drew was a little nervous, but for the most part very excited. He was most concerned over the shorts he was going to wear to school since he knew he had PE today...Mom wanted khaki shorts for all 3 but as you can see in the photos...I decided to let that one go. Choose your battles right?! :) 20 years from now it will not matter what shorts they wore to school and what shorts are in the pictures, right?!


walking into Junior High (tears on my face as I took this, under my sunglasses of course)

*sigh*



Jack and Mrs. Zonnefeld


Jack at his desk


Drew and Mrs. Keithley


I am back home and Max is napping..it will take me a couple of weeks, not kidding, to get the house back into some sense of order and organization. Maybe even longer. But we are home. I am not one who likes to meet friends for coffee after the first day of school drop off, I just like to come home and be here. I can cry a little if I want to and no one sees it. :)

sigh here we go onto another school year...

5 comments:

  1. Sigh. That's all I got. :)

    I don't like to meet anyone either. I'd rather just be home by myself. Ben will be home this year since it is a kindergarten year.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe summer is already done!

    Good call on the shorts. :)

    How many times have you looked at the clock this morning?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tomorrow is our first day of school. I will return to an empty house. I can definately relate to wanting to be "alone" the first day. Lots of tears at our house, too.

    Drew looks great in his new glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All I can think as I read through this and look at the pictures is how blessed your boys are to be in such a caring home. It's going to be a GREAT year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been thinking about you today and have also said a couple prayers for Tommy. What a sweet boy! Let's do coffee soon on a happier morning. :) Two hours to go...

    ReplyDelete