"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Friday, August 27, 2010

Bloggy blues and rambling

I haven't written much on the blog...frankly I have the bloggy blues. Nothing serious, I just am frustrated that I cannot upload pictures right now. I did go to the Apple store today to find out I need to purchase a large external hard drive in order to be able to add any more to this computer, then I need to transfer my photos onto the hard drive.
3 things,
1. I don't like spending money on a hard drive,
2. They didn't have them at Apple so now I have to shop and find what I need, which I don't completely even understand what 2T in computer lingo means,
3. I then have to go back into the Apple store and meet with a Genius there to teach me how to do this. All while my Apple One on One sessions, which you get a membership to when you buy and Apple, is now expired since I have had our mac for 3 years. Oh and in order to renew it, you have to purchase a new computer. Nice trick huh?

UGH UGH UGH Long story short...I can't upload pictures until I do any of that. Which, with a baby and 3 busy boys, will be at least a week, maybe 2.

IF I could upload pictures you could see...

-some sweet ones from our trip to the cabin in August, Alice and Tommy making brownies, Max in the boat laughing, Jack doing go carts

-Drew getting his new glasses

-The fun photo shoot Better Homes and Gardens did here on Thursday, super interesting to watch how they do it all. They were here from 8:00-5:15. LONG day

-Sweet pics of baby Max, thinking he should crawl yet his family makes him sit up every time he almost does it. Trying to keep that from happening as long as possible

But since I cannot get any pics off my camera you will just have to wait...and so will I, which isn't a strength of mine.

I will tell you that with the first complete week of school under our belt, things are feeling good. Tommy has made it the last 2 days without being stressed...whew. Drew is LOVING his teacher and school, Jack is settling into his new class and really into amphibians right now. Teaching Max to call his toy frog an amphibian even.

Football is fun for Tommy and Drew. They both LOVE it. Jack's starts on Tuesday, he is very excited.

Max and I are working on getting into a fall routine, he has been sleeping until after 4am the last few nights which is a HUGE success.

OH and I WON something...I never win anything...but my friend Kristen, from college, had a giveaway on her blog for a dozen cookies a month. And guess what I WON. So we will look forward to getting cookies or bars monthly from her...what a treat!

Drew got contacts on Tuesday and really likes them. Glasses for 2 weeks and now contacts. He loves them for sports. He keeps saying the world has turned into HD. Sweet kid.

Scott's parents come tomorrow from Ohio, they will be here until tuesday. They are coming for the farm progress show. But secretly I am hoping that my Mother in law will make pies, help with the pile of ironing and make some homemade applesauce for our freezer. It will be nice to have them here and for them to see the boys. They haven't been here since Max was 1 month old and haven't seen the boys since we were there in March. BIG changes around here since then....

Enough rambling. I may go snuggle in for the news. Scott, Tommy and Drew aren't home yet from the Des Moines Christian High School football game..it was 45 minutes from here.

:)

5 comments:

  1. Frustrating about the computer. Very.

    Love all the tidbits shared.

    Happy that Tommy has had 2 stress-free days. I'll keep praying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your posts even without pictures, Susan! Glad the photo shoot went well. When I got my first pair of glasses, my mom said she was so sad as we drove home and I said, "Mom, there are leaves on that tree! There are coww in that field!" I saw a whole new world :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan, go to Best Buy computer section and ask for help. Seagate makes expansion hard drives they are very easy to use. Cut/copy and paste. i just had to do this with my computer. I just looked on the internet and it says they make them for both PC's and Mac, but I would verify on the box and with the salesperson. They will try to push you to a "passport" brand backup drive, but if the Seagate expansion drive works for Mac I would go with that. Just like your computer, things do fail sometimes so you need to have a two backups of all your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I miss your pictures! I am all caught up on my blog, that was alot of pictures to get through from the past 6 weeks. Loved looking back on some of our fun summer memories. Anxious to see/hear more about your home photo shoot!
    Lastly, went through the drive through at Wendy's today to get a salad and saw this Frosty Key chain, thought of your Jack. Don't know if they have it in Iowa--here you buy the key chain and each time you buy something at Wendy's you get a free frosty. Sounds pretty sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm still reading, even without the pictures.

    love you friend.

    ReplyDelete