"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Venturing out...

We are on day 2 of the snow day. Had to have the furnace people come out at midnight last night, it quit running and I was not about to wait all night and "See" what would happen. SO a replaced pilot light and some other thing and by 1 am the heat was going again. Nothing like a late night for Mom.

Boys were up at 6:00 am, someone MUST teach them how to sleep in. We are now out of milk, how we went through 4 gallons since Sunday amazes me, but we did. So looks like we will get out today for an adventure...

Our list of adventures...
-Hyvee for milk and eggs (so we can make cookies)
-Post office to drop off completed Christmas cards woo hoo (no mail here yesterday)
-Barnes and Noble for a couple of gifts that need to be sent off this week (and for entertainment for the boys)
-Tommy is asking to go to the Y to shoot baskets in the gym, probably would be good to let these boys run for awhile after a day inside and a chilly one today which will mainly be inside.

Enjoy your day! I am going to BUNDLE up!

2 comments:

  1. Thankful that you were able to get your furnace fixed! Why is it that those things happen when the husbands are out of town?

    Have a wonderful day! Even with the COLD temps, it will be good to get out of the house for a little bit. Do bundle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm wishing my Christmas cards were done. I do have Gracelyn's announcement done, just need to print it. If I can't get a picture of all six of us today or tomorrow, I'm sending one out with just the kids. And I think I might skip the letter...it will be a first but really I can't think of anything to say. Another first. :)

    ReplyDelete