"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Friday, December 4, 2009

Just for Today...

I am not sleeping much at night these days. All night long my mind seems to race with lists of things to do for Christmas, things to prepare for the baby...projects I want to tackle. I should start keeping a pad of paper next to my bed to jot them all down in the night. :) As my Mom tries to remind me...one thing at a time. Slow down, one thing at a time.

But JUST for today I will enjoy...

- the stillness and warmth of the house
-the grateful heart I have for our family
-this hiccuping baby growing inside of me
-the joy of having laundry to do, it means our house is full of little ones
-lunch out with a friend
-the happy sound of picking up the boys for our Friday afternoon ice cream trips
-the security in knowing Scott is in his office working at home
-calling my brother on his birthday, having that relationship
-serving dinner tonight at the homeless shelter
-watching the boys pass out candy canes to the residents there
-snuggling Jack to sleep
-praying with the boys in their beds
-having a loving husband to fall asleep next to at night

All the other things on my list...they can wait. They will run through my head again in the night I am sure. FOR now, I will breathe deep and know how blessed I am. God has been so good to me...that is what I KNOW for sure.

1 comment:

  1. You touched my heart with this today, Susan! My head of often swimming with "to do's" and this is a good reminder of the "to be thankful for's" instead. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete