"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Friday, December 11, 2009

I'm on my way home...

"I'm on my way home", music to my ears. Scott is enroute home from Chicago after being there since Monday. He left from Chicago, driving, at 4:40 am, can you tell he wants to get home?

The boys are SO excited to have Daddy back home. Jack came in our room this morning very EARLY, and said in a sweet quiet voice to me, "Mom today is the day Daddy comes home. I can't wait can you? I hope he picks me up at school because I want to give him a super squeezer hug". Tommy and Drew are excited too. And so AM I! I miss him when he is gone. I miss so many things, the little things maybe the most, holding his hand and praying at night, the smell of him right out of the shower, going to sleep beside him, the sound of him walking in the door..hearing his laugh. So sappy I know but I do...

We have a very full weekend ahead...my Mom and Dad will be here in time for dinner later tonight. And I know I will sleep more soundly with the security of Scott being home...

1 comment: