"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Oh Christmas Tree


Scott is busily setting up the Christmas tree....we picked it up after all of the boys were done with basketball tournaments today. Drew had one in Pella and we were there from 9-2:30 and Tommy had one here in town and Jack even had a basketball clinic. So it has been a full day of ball games. We got home arund 3:45 and Scott, Tommy and Jack were all set to go get the tree.

Scott has informed me it is up. He is now vacuuming up the mess to get it up. Then the lights will go on. I am guessing most of the ornaments will go on tonight as well. We are putting it in a whole new spot this year. We have it at the top of our steps in our foyer, in the landing cove where we usually have a big chair. I think it will be pretty there, I can see it from our bed, which is nice since that seems to be about to be my most comfortable spot most days.

Pictures later....picture has now been added 10:27 pm :) Ornaments on...Star didn't quite reach the top of the tree but worked.

I LOVE the smell of a real Christmas tree. It is beautiful.

3 comments:

  1. I love where you put the tree! It's a great idea to be able to see it at night from your rooms. I'm sure it looks just beautiful. I think this is the last year for an artificial tree at our house. The kids are asking for a real one so next year the chopping will begin!Have fun decorating - can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete