"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Blessed...


Today I feel just blessed...so grateful. We had a wonderful weekend, very full but very wonderful.

Scott arrived home from Chicago on Friday (yeah), my parents then arrived in time for dinner here on Friday night (glamorous goulash vs the fancy steaks in Chicago Scott had all week). And then the boys enjoyed a quiet night at home with ALL of us. Mom and Dad kept saying our house was chilly, so I loaned Dad my Ohio State Snuggie Jack had given me this fall, and he loved it and read books with Jack. :)

Proof of Dad in the Snuggie

Saturday was a full day from start to finish. Mom, Jack and I ran a few shopping errands in the morning. Dad, Scott and Drew all went to Tommy's basketball game. The boys all had their school Christmas programs on Saturday afternoon, Jack's at 1 and the older boys at 2:30. They were wonderful programs, and put us right in the spirit of Christmas. We went to church at 5:00 then, we were already dressed up. And this week church offered a Saturday night option since it was our "Christmas with Friends" church weekend, so beautiful music and a wonderful service. Felt like Christmas Eve. After church we headed home for a ham dinner, to celebrate Christmas early with my parents. We opened gifts after dinner and the boys were thrilled, as you can imagine, to get to open some gifts early.

After both Christmas programs at school and church
Photo taken at church


This morning we were able to be lazy...since we had gone to church last night we stayed in jammies and ate a big breakfast. Mom, Jack and I headed to a baby shower sweet Emily hosted for us along with her Mom, and another friend Erin. It was a small group of girlfriends there and I was so touched. Touched by the thoughtfulness of friends to care so much about this baby, and friends who have prayed so much for us and continue to do so. Friends like that are rare and the older I get, the more I realize the treasure it is to have friends who truly love and pray you through thick and thin. It was special to me that my Mom could be at the baby shower as well. And as Emily led us through a time of prayer for the baby and for me, and for our family tears just fell like rain off my face. As I was rocking my friend Makila's 12 day old baby Gracelyn and listening to her sweet baby sounds, my Mom holding my hand on my right, Jack leaning over and kissing me off and on and knowing how loved this little one growing inside of me is...sweet words of prayer and blessing from dear friends.

Jack practicing...holding baby Gracelyn

My heart is full...what a weekend of blessings for our family.

1 comment:

  1. Jack looks pretty awesome holding a baby! Can't wait to see pictures of your boys with the baby in your belly, they will be the best big brothers!

    ReplyDelete