"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Friday, September 30, 2011

When I grow up...Part II

I wrote a few weeks ago on how when I grow up I want to be a photographer.  Several of my friends have been so kind as to allow me to take pictures of their children and families for practice.  My friend Mariah from Texas, (photography by mariah milan) has agreed to come to Iowa for a few days to give me a crash course on settings and photoshop and editing in general.  I have had so much support and encouragement from many of you dear friends of mine.  So fun.  Thanks.  We will see where this goes...here are a few of the Senior shots I took on Tuesday of Andrew, who is the son of a good friend of mine Cheryl.  Great family friends.  Here are some of my favorites from the night...still have more work to do on the others with editing and learning.  But here are some...















My very favorite of course....son loving on his Mama

 It was so much fun to take these pictures.  It helped they are such great friends and were patient and understanding with me and all of my set up time etc.  But we had fun.  We laughed a lot!

Now onto another thing I want to "be" when I grow up....I want to be a WRITER.   I love to write, always have, and would love to figure out a way to use my writing in some wonderful ways.   I may have some fun and exciting news to share in a few weeks on this one...it may be longer.  But a friend approached me yesterday about a possibly project that would involve me getting to do some writing....and some photography..and some design stuff....and some stuff with my boys..all wrapped up into ONE. She and I are having a meeting next week to discuss this further with someone who has a "real" job in the industry.

So bottom line, God is good ALL the time.  He LOVES to help us fulfill dreams, he LOVES it when we lean on him and rely on him to make things happen.  Prayer friends.  It's all about praying for God's blessing, His direction...and then listening.  Hmm the listening and patience part is hardest for me.

I feel like God really has been providing right now in so many ways.  I have had a lot of time these past few months to really surrender more and more to His will for me, and some of it has been forced by Him and some of it has been whispered.

But He knows the woman, wife, Mom and friend I want to be and what He has designed me to be, and he KNOWS the passions and loves on my heart.  And it's been fun to see them coming together.  I truly am so thankful.  More to come...

2 comments:

  1. I'm always wondering how I can live my dreams. I'm glad that things are falling into place for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did such an incredible job on thees pictures - and of course the last one with Cheryl made me tear up - so precious! Excited to hear what you have coming down the pipeline, Susan! xoxo

    ReplyDelete