"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Just when......balance

I get one part of this house feeling organized and clean....and move onto somewhere else to purge and organize...I come back to  find more disarray.  Sigh...

I am wanting someone to remind me that someday, these sweet boys will all be moved out, the house will be as clean or as messy as Scott and I make it.  We will have NO one else to blame and NO one else to pick up after.

Because right now...I feel like I am in an unending cycle of pick up, organize, spend hours sorting, label, and put away, then go to the next room, pick up, organize, few hours less sorting, put IN labeled baskets that were made a week ago and put away.....pick up, organize, sort, put in labeled baskets and put away.....

makes me NEVER want to shop for another toy, stuffed animal, board game, happy meal toy, bey blade, kitchen pretend food item, ebay item, collectors item,Ohio state toy, puzzle, pretend money, play tools, rescue hero, lego, BALL EVER AGAIN.  How DOES this place multiply in the night.

I LOVE my boys, I LOVE being a Momma and I am eternally grateful to God for those gifts....on the flip side I love order too and I crave organization.  Lord, please help me to find a balance.  I am struggling!

2 comments:

  1. Someday. (an excerpt from your second paragraph). Maybe it is just that the Lord is trying to show you that it is OK to have some disorganization. I think that sometimes we work so hard at keeping things in order. We forgot that the disorder happens because we are concentrating on something more important. We have General Conference for our church this weekend. (A weekend 2x year where leaders of the church address us from Salt Lake). One thought really comes to mind when I think about all of the "constants" that seem to be in my life that mirror what you said above. He said "Jesus Christ's name must be written in your hearts at all times." I have been pondering that because I too get frustrated in the seemingly endless cycle of 52 card pick up. But sometimes, when I let go (which is very hard for this "likes to see vaccumm lines in her carpet girl") I am doing one thing I can to have Jesus Christ in my heart....I am spending time teaching, playing and just being with my children. Our roles as mothers sometimes seem thankless, but I truly believe that one of the best gifts we can do for God is to raise our children to love Him and let Him be an influence in their lives, to teach them to have Him in their hearts each day too. When I do that, the pile of balls that I am picking up two days later now seems pretty insignificant. At least for me anyway. And believe me, I have to remind myself of that all of the time. And yes, it is REALLY hard for me to go to bed without vacuuming the floor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both of yours and Ginnies comments! So true.....you are not alone! I have such a pile of stuff on my dining room table right now. I also love to walk into a picked up kitchen and family room in the morning. It just doesn't happen every day, but I'm so thankful when it does! Hang in there ladies...our time with our kids goes so very fast...I only have 3 more years with my oldest to be here at home with us :(

    ReplyDelete