"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Saturday, September 10, 2011

The Wait


A friend had this posted on facebook today, she is waiting on her 2 daughters who are in Ethiopia waiting for their forever home and for their Mommy and Daddy.  I loved this despite "what" we are waiting for...such wise words.

Waiting is one of God's most powerful tools of grace. God doesn't just give us grace for the wait, the wait itself is a gift of grace. You see, waiting is not only about what you will receive at the end of the wait. Waiting is about what you will become as you wait.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this, loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been MIA from the blog world for awhile. Trying to stay away and wait well. I love this quote, it's by Paul Tripp. Couldn't find the author when I posted. I've loved catching up on your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete