"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

#54

Sorry I have been missing on the blog for over a week now, not like me.  It has been nutty busy around here.  And I am behind on these posts...but I will get caught up.  I have good reasons for being behind...although this made me realize I never have even posted on our Wash DC trip from August.  SO I need to go back and redo that too...well not redo...just DO.  :)  

Sorry I digress..but I figured I might as well get you caught up from today at least so here goes. ( I will add back dated posts as I get them done so be sure to scroll down for the next day or 2)

Tonight Drew had a football game, normally he plays on Sunday but this week it was changed.  So Jack and I went to cheer him on, Scott is out of town this week and Tommy stayed home to chase Max so I could actually "watch" the game.  

Drew is #54, he had requested #56, which was my Dad's college football number, but it doesn't exist so he settled for 54.  He also realized after he got that jersey that it was Chris Spielmans' number, who is a former Buckeye that we love.  

So onto the pictures....

 Drew blocking a guy and protecting his QB.  I think he plays Tight End..but maybe it's Defensive End...hmmm shows you my football IQ huh?  Regardless he looks great in his uniform and plays Offense. :)



 I think he has a great football stance...I love it when he gets down and ready, he's so serious.  (he's on the end :0)

 Open for a pass

 The ball is overthrown, and he looks like he may be getting held, but then again I revert to my previous comment and football IQ.
Walking toward me after the game, they won by the way.  I have no clue what the score was but I know they won.  Scott LOVES it when he has me running play by play for him via texts and phone calls when he is away.  As you can tell, my lingo isn't always quite ESPN worthy.  But I know when our boys are playing, and I know if they are having fun, and many times I even know if they are winning or losing...unless of course I sit next to a friend, then sometimes I just ask their husband quickly before Scott calls for an update so I kind of sound like I KNOW what's going on.


 All smiles after the game!  Great job Drew!


4 comments:

  1. Drew looks so grown up in the second to last picture. Handsome boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh. Ditto Sarah's comment. He looks so old in the second to last picture but I LOVE that picture. Very handsome. Love the smiley one too. He does have a great football stance. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love catching up on all you've been doing... and hope you're over the flu! The boys sure are growing and look so handsome! Jealous of your organizing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great football pictures of Drew! Glad to see the pictures of your kitchen all put back together after a late night - I'm with you, how do we KEEP it that way with the crazies all running aound!!!!

    ReplyDelete