"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Thursday, February 24, 2011

A little pink

Okay here is my latest...Scott close your eyes and don't read this...I have been craving some PINK around the house.  Yep PINK.  You can probably imagine how much PINK we have in here right now...zip ZIPPO..I may have 1 or 2 pink shirts and that's a big MAYBE.  I am not a big PINK person in general anymore but lately have been seeing a lot of it in magazines and in blogs.  Like these...


 maybe a pink fridge?

 one of my favorite color combos has always been pink and green, from the Preppy Handbook you know

love this chair

 brighter pink than I like but love it with the grey

 love this shade of pink

and this

and below this from my new blog friend Holly Mathis' blog :) This picture is cute and girly...she has 2 boys.


When I was in the 7th grade my Mom gave me permission to redecorate my room however I wanted to, I chose Laura Ashley and a lot and I mean a LOT of pink.  Pink carpet, pink balloon window treatments, white and pink wallpaper and coordinating bedding.  I mean when you walked in the door it was a HUE of pink.  I LOVED it...then I fell out of love with pink and in love with forest green.  Yep, quite the dramatic shift I know.  

Bring it back to today, the year 2011.  I have been craving to paint SOMETHING in our home PINK.  I asked Scott if I could paint the Laundry room pink..he gasped and about passed out.  I think he is thinking Iowa Hawkeyes visitors locker room, yep it's pink....to traumatize the opponents.  I think Scott is thinking what would that do to these 4 boys every day walking to their lockers, that are in the laundry room,  and being surrounded by all of the PINK.  So he kaboshed that idea.  I asked about the bathroom, again, a look of dismay from my beloved.  I was laying in bed last night and told him maybe I should just paint my closet pink, it's all mine, and no one else goes in there.  He didn't seem to mind that idea...but can you IMAGINE the work of painting a walk in closet.  Not only the unloading of EVERYTHING in there, which would probably be good in some ways...but then painting around all of the organizer stuff, shelves, etc...ewww....so that probably isn't going to happen.  Anyone have any other ideas of what I could paint PINK around here?


7 comments:

  1. you are do adorable! I can't think of anything you can paint pink except maybe a cute little table or a pink mini fridge in the garage with your own drinks in it!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE pink. But you already knew that. How about a new pink kitchen aid mixer? Pink car? :)

    Pink rain coat for spring with matching boots.

    Pink ring.

    Pink frame in your closet.

    Pink blanket for the sectional. :)

    I am out of ideas. Shocking I know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan,

    Do you have a space in your house that is just yours that you work on your photos and other projects? I realize I now may have opened a can of worms and your next project may be a space like this? - mine is a little corner room in the basement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pink napkin rings?

    I almost bought you some at Crate and Barrel today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pink summer dishes? The melamine (sp?) kind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pink master closet idea....or maybe a 1/2 bath with light pink walls and something crystal(like a light fixture/small chandelier) around to dress it up--a pop of the unexpected.:)

    My little sister had the pink bedroom with floral everywhere....and the coordinating "mauve" carpet. Still not sure why I chose baby blue for my room. It did match my Laura Ashley comforter though.;) I loved that navy/grey/blue striped floral comforter....and it lasted forever.:)

    We were so lucky to be children of the '80s.:) It makes me happy to see stuff from our childhood coming back "in style".:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You make me smile! Big time! I was behind on reading this and love that I read it now. :)

    Hmmmm...pink...love it...will try to think of something for you... :)

    ReplyDelete