"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Sunday, February 6, 2011

My Photoshop Secret

I have a confession to make...most of you probably know this but for those of you who do not, I don't know how to photoshop pictures.  I LOVE them photoshopped, love the sparkling eyes, the vintage feel, the cool effects, the swapping heads around if needed...but I don't have a clue.  I tried Photoshop Elements this spring, the "easy" version of Photoshop but NO luck.  I learned a few things, then my mac got weird on me and now I can't figure out how to get it to work again.  And it may also SHOCK you, that I don't have the time right now to sit and learn how it all works.

This is my secret...my friend Mariah, the photographer in Austin, TX...is a MASTER photoshop and lightroom expert!  I email my pics to her, and voila she sends them back just as I dreamt they would be. (she took the pics of Max and I back in late August they are here, she also took pics of Scott and I in Maui in 2005 which I don't have on the blog :))

Here is our Christmas card BEFORE

AFTER
AFTER

the boys yesterday BEFORE

AFTER
 

Another after, I am looking for a certain shape pic for above the mantle

BEFORE

AFTER

Friends, she does amazing stuff.  And FAST,  She makes me feel like I can actually take photos.  I LOVE what she does with them.  It's my little secret. but I am happy to share her.  She is now branching out and starting a new side of her photography business.  She will professionally edit your photos at a very fair price.  You can explain the look you are going for, I tend to look for vintage, retro, cool looking pics.  But she can do WHATEVER you see in your mind, but just don't know how to do it, or like me, your life is a little busy picking up dropped graham crackers, toys, driving boys to practices, doing laundry...oh sorry am I going on and on?  :)  So seriously go check out her blog where she has more details listed...


You may even recognize some of her examples :)

And NOW I have to decide which one of these to hang above the fireplace!  I love BOTH of them!


1 comment: