"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Friday, February 4, 2011

Adam and Jack



Today was the day Jack has been waiting for most of the week.  Let me back up a few days.  On Monday, the Nelsons posted an update on Adam's Caring Bridge site.  In it somewhere it talks about how Adam is enjoying lunches out with his guy friends.  When I read the post outloud to the boys Jack chimed in..."I would like to have lunch with Mr. Nelson too" and so a few emails later...today is the day.  I got Jack out of school early.  He thought we should get Mr Nelson a stocking hat, since his head is currently shaved, a Hawkeye one, since that is HIS team.  So we stopped there enroute home to meet Scott.

Adam told Jack he could pick where they had lunch...most of the week his plan was Wendy's, shocking to most of you I am sure...I said you don't have to decide yet, in the hopes he would change his mind.  I think most Wendy's in the state of Iowa are dirty, not my favorite place to eat let along dine IN.  Well last night, when I was laying with Jack he informed me he had changed his mind for lunch.  He had chosen Bang Bang, a new mongolian grill in town that we went to last night, first time for him.

They had a terrific lunch.  Scott said Jack was quite chatty and engaged in the whole thing.  Lots of Buckeye and Hawkeye talk I hear as well.  Jack was thrilled by the entire experience.  What a blessing for everyone.  Being INTENTIONAL, is what I think God is trying to teach SO many of us at Valley Church right now.  BE intentional in your relationships with others.  Don't let words go unsaid, be loyal and true friends...embrace being the BODY of Christ and BEING the hands and feet of Jesus.  The blessing of this cancer that Adam has, that Gailen has..that my Dad had...be intentional.  Be sure your family AND your friends know how you feel about them.  It shouldn't take cancer for us to express our appreciation and love for one another.


Have a blessed weekend...

4 comments:

  1. You have a blessed, beautiful weekend too. So glad Jack had a wonderful lunch out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is excellent susan - so very true and well put. you have a good weekend, too!

    ReplyDelete