"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Meant to be...


When we first started at DMC Jack was in Kindergarten (2008) with a girl named Eva, I got to know her Mom, Amy, at the first football game we ever went to. I found out she was an artist at the game, went home and looked at her website. I fell in love with this one painting she had done...wanted to buy it. I loved it so much I used it as the front cover page of the yearbook that year that I was designing. Here is the painting....


It was not the right time to buy it and so I used a photo of it as my screensaver for the next few months and loved it that way.

Fast forward to early Summer of 2010, we went to Amy's house to get together, the boys and I. There was the painting STILL hanging on her wall, she hadn't sold it yet at any of her art shows or off the website, it's a BIG painting so it would take a big space to hang it. I said casually as we walked by..."Someday that painting will hang in our home boys"...I still LOVED it and maybe even MORE in person. Amy and I spoke a few weeks later and she suggested I take it home and just try it, on approval and then I would KNOW if it was perfect or not. So I did, I brought it home. Hung it up and LOVED the bible verse portion. Scott came home and looked at it and said to me "Those aren't even colors you like. Those are colors you always tell me you can't stand. Bright greens and bright blues, you hate those". He was right, I was trying to make it work in our house and it didn't. I cried, yep I cried, when I drove it back to her house. I dropped it off and Amy said the following to me, IF I don't sell it this summer at my art shows, then I will repaint it for you in the colors that you want. And YOU can have it....well I said thanks, knowing it would sell this summer and feeling it just wasn't meant to be.

Summer ended and school resumed...and Amy whisepered to me, "Guess what, the painting never sold. Do you want me to repaint it for YOU" and so today....

yes



today


in


our


family


room


hangs



the


following....

and the

icing on the top

is the following detail...
Can you see it in there...the MOST beautiful part of the painting to me.

Our boys names, forever painted onto this canvas. And with one of my all time favorite bible verses.

"For the Lord is Good and His Love Endures Forever,
His Faithfulness Continues Through all Generations."
Psalm 100:5

8 comments:

  1. Oh, Susan. You are such a treasure to me. God knew all along this was your piece. Your children will forever rise up and call you blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful picture and keepsake to cherish. If only everyone could truly believe how great His love is for each and every one of us...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that! So cool how it all came to be. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Complete and total magic. It was truly meant to be!

    ReplyDelete