"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Monday, September 27, 2010

Fourth of July in September

I got a call this morning from an editor of the Patchwork and Quilting Magazine, another Better Homes and Gardens magazine based at Meredith in Des moines. They asked if they could use our porch tomorrow to shoot pictures of the 4th of July, they are a little last minute she said. So the mums and pumpkins will take a back seat tomorrow as the front of our house is transformed to the 4th of July. I dug out the flags for the pots as well.

It should be fun to see how they do this outside and just how it will be transformed. I am grateful the inside of the house doesn't need to be spotless this time around. :)

Tomorrow morning this place will be looking very patriotic and the next summer you can look for it on newsstands near you.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could drive by and see it. I wonder what the neighbors would think if you left the decorations up through the weekend. :) They might think you've lost your mind.

    ReplyDelete