"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Friday, September 10, 2010

Football Thursday

Tommy's first official 7th grade football game was last night at DMC. They played VanMeter, a team with some of Tommy's basketball buddies on.

Tommy played Quarterback while on offense and safety on defense. While I understand WHAT the Quarterback does I haven't a clue what a safety does. All I know is that he was way behind the line of scrimmage and his teammates so he never tackled or touched anyone when he played defense. Which was FINE for this Mom. He did get taken down a few times when he was QB and that was enough for me to watch.

Tommy did a great job. I was most proud of the way he helped the other team up off the ground after they were tackled, how he patted them on the top of the helmets, how he kept his cool and how he tried his very best. The final score...drumroll please....0-0. yep they left it at that, no overtime, no sudden death, nothing...0-0

I took a ton of pictures and got some wonderful shots, I think. but of course the camera is not cooperating with the computer. You will have to wait for the photos until I get that remedied this week. The external hard drive has arrived and I have yet to unpack it from the box.

No comments:

Post a Comment