"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Growing up and Book Covers



Tommy is growing up. They had a football game on Thursday in Earlham. The football team wears their jerseys to school on game days. Tommy seemed about 17 to me that morning as he left for school in his jersey. We sure love you #12.
The other funny side note to Thursday morning was this...we have purchased book covers for all of his classes as the school supply list noted. But his homework last night for language was to come back with a paper, homemade book cover on his book. Because the book is odd sized and the teacher feels they are more durable in paper ones. So Tommy was telling me this on the way home from school, and he said "Mom our teacher said we can look it up on You Tube how to make a homemade book cover out of a grocery bag." oh my I felt O-L-D I told him, "Tommy those were the only book covers we ever had. I know how to cover a book without watching a YouTube tutorial." Seriously? YouTube. I was quite proud to show him my book cover skills, and I will say he was SO impressed. Above note the final product in the laundry room, ready to go to school.

4 comments:

  1. You can buy book covers now?

    seriously. I feel old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Both on the post AND on Makila's comment. I am cracking up!

    I remember when HyVee would have special paper sacks around the start of school so that the book covers could be patterned.

    Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought brown paper bag bookcovers were the only bookcovers??? I used to think I was all smart to put girly stickers on it. Okay I'm old too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't tell you how happy I was to see this post. I've been told that for middle school next year Lauren will need book covers for all her books bur the "old" paper ones are not cool. I had so much fun doodling on my book covers.

    ReplyDelete