"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Friday, May 28, 2010

One year ago...

It was one year ago on this day, not the exact DATE but the Friday of Memorial day weekend, that I learned about the sweet little baby we now call Max. Scott and Drew had just left town to go to Kansas City for a baseball tournament, it was the late afternoon. Jack had mentioned to me 3 times earlier that week that he thought there was a baby in my tummy. Monday, "Mom how would you know if you had a baby in your tummy?" Wednesday, "Mom, I think God put a baby in your tummy." And again Friday, "Mom are you sure there isn't a baby in your tummy?" I had just finished up a kick boxing program and lost almost 30 lbs so I was confident my tummy wasn't big so was confused with his comments. Reminder, Jack had prayed for a baby since he was 2 years old. After studying the calendar and doing some math, which isn't my specialty by the way...I was a bit perplexed. The numbers just were not adding up. 2 pregnancy tests later and I realized, Jack was RIGHT!

With Scott in Kansas City I decided to wait until he would get home on Monday to share the news with him. I spent the next 48 hours in amazement and with a heart overflowing with JOY that I had to keep to myself. Scott was home monday around noon and after a busy day of yard work and getting boys to bed I sat him down. I gave him a gift bag, inside were two woobies (aka pacifiers) one pink and one blue. I don't think I will EVER forget the look of SHOCK on his face. He was very surprised. And one of his comments I will never forget...as I sat crying tears of joy on one couch he looked across the room at me and said "Babies are ALWAYS a good thing..this is great news for us!"

Long story short. we didn't think we could have any more children, so what a surprise blessing this has been for ALL of us. We count each of the boys as a miracle, a blessing and a gift. Max is a gift to Scott and myself and to each of our boys. We thank God for him...especially today. I feel like he is one year old today, in my heart he is and I don't think the Friday before Memorial day will EVER feel the same for me. It is my baby day...

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE this story. I too am crying, tears of joy. It is so special that God put that baby on Jack's heart and that he would be the one to deliver you the good news. Babies are indeed a blessing! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE it. So very, very special. A true gift.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not just tearing up a little over this one, but crying like a baby myself! Jack coming to you is just the coolest story - he prayed Max into this world! I love Scott's reaction, too. We're so happy for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very thankful for the news that day brought you. Praise be to Jesus!

    ReplyDelete