"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Off work?

Last night at Drew's baseball game one of the Grandma's of the players and I had the following conversation...

Gma :"So, are you still off work since the baby?"
Me :" I have been "off work" for almost 13 years now"
Gma:"That's nice although you don't get a paycheck"
Me:"I do, it's not in dollars, it's in hugs and kisses."
Gma...silence

I am not sure she knew what to say...but I am SO VERY grateful that I can be home with our boys and be "off work".

4 comments:

  1. The blessings that I receive from my children are too many to count. I consider it "pure joy" to have the priviledge to be "off work" and with my children!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am grateful I am home. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan - I LOVE this! I am so going to remember that and steal it from you if I ever have to use it. :)

    ReplyDelete