"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Thursday, May 27, 2010

ICubs, School Programs and baseball



Great photo from the ICubs media

Monday night we had a whirlwind of events to make it to...

I went with Max to see Tommy and Drew's school concert. They both did a great job, Drew's class has been working hard on playing the recorder. Takes me back to Mrs. Berger and 5th grade at Creek Valley. Loved that and still have my recorder...sorry I digress. It was red, white and blue themed and a lot of American tributes but my very favorite song of the night was AMAZING GRACE. Loved that.





Scott went with Jack to the ICubs game. We put our team in a pool to be a part of a tradition at the games at Principal park...we had been chosen to be the "Anthem Buddies" for Mondays game. What a highlight for Jack! Both Tommy and Drew have had the privilege of doing the same thing so we were excited for Jack to have a turn. Since Daddy is the Manager of the Rockies he was there with the team and all of their families. Jack's favorite part of the entire game I think, was being chosen to run in the BBop burger race during the 6th inning.



Drew had an 8:00 baseball game AFTER the school concert. So we dashed out of the concert and he changed in the car enroute to his game. Normally we aren't quite so rushed but Monday night, we were.

Here is the fun part...I was just leaving the boys school concert, with them of course, and we called Scott to check in. He told us Jack was running the race in 20 minutes. We were sad to miss it. Tommy, Max and I dropped Drew off at his game 7:45 to warm up and made a mad dash downtown to Principal Park in the hopes we would catch Jack's Bbop race around the bases. I pulled up to the gate, ran up to the ticket guy and asked if Tommy could run in to see his brother run...I could hear them on the loud speakers wrapping up the inning. I sent him running in...I quickly parked, grabbed Max from his car seat paid my $1- to get a ticket, yes he let Tommy in free made ME get a ticket....I literally ran carrying Max. And just as I got to the top of the steps...they were OFF from first base. We were able to see the entire race. I was so excited! The cutest part is Jack later told Scott "I almost cried when I saw Mommy"...made his day that we didn't miss it. I quickly congratulated him, he won the race, kissed him and headed out to Drew's game.


Life is never dull is it? What a fun and very BUSY night.



3 comments:

  1. I'm falling into bed completely exhausted just reading your post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the photo of Jack and the jumbotron! Think you may have to get that one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously have tears in my eyes reading about Jack being the BBops burger even though I had already heard the story.

    ReplyDelete