"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Sunny and 79

That's the weather report for Orlando today. As we sit in pouring rain, dark and 45 here. Boys are very excited, we leave on Monday. I am hoping to start packing it up today or tomorrow.

It's been a good week. Boys are all better, still some lingering coughing, but nothing bad. My cough is still there at times. Scott has seemingly escaped it all. The house has been cleaned and sanitized several times over now. Scott was able to get both his seasonal flu shot and the H1N1 yesterday at our Dr's office so he is covered now for when baby is born.

Today we have a regular Dr's appt with our OB. The wonderful glucose test for me, drinking the sugar syrup and then being poked like a pin cushion an hour later...I have veins that do not like to cooperate so if you are wanting something to pray about around 2:30 today, you can pray I have an excellent blood lab nurse. Drew's conference today after school and Tommy has his first basketball game tonight. Can't believe it is starting already, he still has one football game left on Saturday too.

Jack has been drawing up a storm lately, loves making pictures...mainly of Star Wars people. Drew and Tommy have been outside playing a lot this week, basketball and some football too. It's been wonderful to have a week of normal after last week.

2 comments:

  1. Normal is so good, isn't it! Glad everyone is feeling better. I'm really excited for all of you about your upcoming trip. Your boys are at such a perfect age to go...I'll pray for you today at 2:30!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on the veins. It has gotten better these last few years. One time, NO one in the office could get my blood drawn and I had to go downstairs to the hospital lab!!!

    When we went to get our H1N1, the Warren Co. Health wouldn't give it to Ben yet. I'm glad Scott got it. Seth and Ben still don't have it yet. Peef.

    ReplyDelete