"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Sunday, October 18, 2009

On the mend...we pray

After 2 straight days of being in bed, I am up and showered. Feeling better, not great, but certainly much improved. Tommy had a fever of 102 yesterday and that has come down to around 99 today as well, with Tylenol and Motrin. My cough isn't as painful as it was, my fever seems to be holding around 99.0 with Tylenol.

I feel we have turned the corner. I did opt out of going to Jack's last football game today at 3:00 :( which makes me sad to have to miss it, but I just don't want to push my luck. Of course my Mom would be LESS than pleased with me if I went out today. (I hear you Mom!)

Prayers for continued recovery for both Tommy and I would be appreciated. Prayers for protection that the rest of the house doesn't come down with this stuff. I do think we had different things, mine seemed to be more infection like pneumonia stuff and Tommy's is more of the H1N1 typical symptoms I have heard. The Dr didn't specifically diagnose me with either yesterday, just that the white blood count was middle of the road, not right. So she treated me for all the above. I have not taken the tamiflu today just sticking with the zithromax and hoping it is treating it alone. Don't like taking too much stuff with baby in my tummy.

I will keep Tommy home tomorrow as he will not have been fever free for 24 hours, doesn't count as fever free if it takes meds to keep the fever down. :) He is much perkier today following the NFL games on TV.

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers....

3 comments:

  1. Praying for health in your household and safety for the baby. Glad to hear that things to be better today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Continuing to pray for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have been "upset" if you had gone to the game too. :)

    Seth scored a touchdown yesterday and I had tears in my eyes as his little legs ran all the way into the end zone.

    ReplyDelete