"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Thursday, October 8, 2009

mmm homemade apple pie

When Scott was in Ohio a few weeks ago his Mom sent home one of her famous apple pies, frozen for the ride. Today in the chilly fall weather I decided it was the perfect day to bake it...

I just ate my first piece and can I tell you she makes the best pies in this WORLD. I love my own Mom and I like her pies too, BUT the crust and thin apple slices of Letha's pies cannot be compared. Just cannot be beat NO way NO how. By ANYONE.

She sold a couple of her pies this last week at her church mission sale and one sold for $30- I would pay $50 easily for this pie. :) They are THAT good. And no, sorry, but I am not sharing with any of you no matter how good of friends you are....

2 comments:

  1. Susan,

    Realize that the price of Letha's pies at the next mission fundraiser may skyrocket with your enthusiastic endorsement. Now what's the name of their church?
    lbg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo good. :)

    ReplyDelete