"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Friday, October 2, 2009

The Proposal

Okay FINALLY the video is up, funny thing is the only way I could figure out how to do it the old Jr High way, I took a movie off my camera of the computer screen playing our rehearsal dinner DVD, so there is a bit of a slideshow with it too, and some James Taylor. Oh and it is a bit grainy. But you will get the idea of the moment.

Don't let my words and confusion let you think that I wasn't excited...I was thrilled, utterly in shock. When I look up and say "what are you doing here? why are you doing this to me?" I am in such shock that my parents are standing there and were in on it, Scott had told me he was in Chicago for a business meeting so I had thought he wasn't even near Mpls (he lived in Omaha at the time), I was supposed to be meeting him for a Buckeye game (surprise surprise) in Chicago later that weekend and had a plane ticket for Chicago and was packed, I had thought my parents were out for a business dinner the night before when indeed it was Scott who had taken them out to dinner to ask for my hand in marriage, none of it made sense to me...and I really pride myself in not ever being surprised. So enjoy my reaction...and enjoy the kids giggles and laughter. They are 1st graders, not 3rd like the news lady says, and I was student teaching in Edina, where I grew up.

Enjoy....



5 comments:

  1. You guys are absolutely adorable!! I LOVE your reaction and HUGE smile! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i loved that video! i remember hearing the story at Luther when you got engaged but so fun to see it captured on video. what a treasure. i love the photographs where you can see the kids' reactions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Susan - this is such a precious memory!!!!! What a thrill to have that on video forever to share with you boys and their families some day. I abolutely loved it - thanks for taking the time to get it online so we could all see it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad that you got that up! (sorry that I never was able to respond to your email) Your reaction was adorable. It is wonderful that you have it taped to share with your kids!

    ReplyDelete